Subscribe to the service in order to receive our news> SIGN UP
We are conscious of the fact that everything we do has an impact on the environment and the climate and on all people that are connected to our company. That is why we adopt the best solutions available to minimise our energy consumption in everything that we do, including:
- 100% of the electicity we consume in Italy and Germany, amounting to more than 50% of our total, comes from certified renewable sources
- In December 2012 we activated a 6,500 square metre photovoltaic power system in our logistics hub in Signoressa (TR) that produces enough energy to cover 25% of the requirements for the entire area. From its activation until March 2016 the total energy production amounted to 3.5 million kWh, which prevented the production of 2,250 tonnes of CO2 and is the equivalent of planting 15,000 trees.
- An on-going program of interventions on our corporate practices and infrastructure is under way. For example, at the end of 2014 we replaced 80% of the light bulbs in our distribution centre with high-efficiency LEDs, which allowed us to save 53% on our energy consumption.
- Our new Geox restaurant has adopted the most advanced solutions for energy saving and system efficiency.
- We have chosen a high-efficiency corporate car fleet (over 80% of the vehicles emit less than 140g/km of CO2).
- We launched a corporate car-pooling service which we incentivise by reserving special parking spaces in our indoor car park. Thanks to this program we are able to save 484km per day on average, which is equivalent to planting 1600 trees every year.